FAB PRODUCTS USED
FAB PREMIUM OIL SOLUBLE RED VELVET,APYURA PREMIUM SPREAD KESAR MASTANI
Baking Temp Details
Short Recipe Description
A dessert with a fusion of Indian Kesar Mastani and the rich natural red beetroot
Main Ingredients for the Brownie:
1 cup softened butter
1 + 1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp Red Velvet essence (Fab flavour)
4 eggs or 1 cup of yoghurt
2 tsp vinegar
2 cups flour
4 tbsp cocoa powder
3 large raw beetroots, peeled & grated
Ingredients for the Kesar Mastani topping:
2 cups Cream Cheese
2 tbsp sugar
1/4 cup Kesar Mastani - Apyura Premium spread
2 eggs or 1/2 cup of Yoghurt
1. Sieve the flour and cocoa powder and keep it aside.
2. Pre-heat the oven for 10 minutes at 180 deg. Centigrade
3. Use a hand blender / whisk to cream the butter and sugar together till light and pale in colour.
4. Add eggs one at a time till well mixed. (If using yoghurt, mix in 2 parts).
5. Add vinegar and essence and whisk again.
6. Fold in the flour/cocoa powder along with the grated beetroot till well combined.
7. Pour the batter into the brownie pan. Keep aside 4 tsp of the batter for the topping.
8. For the Kesar Mastani: Whisk the cream cheese, sugar, Kesar Mastani Apyura Premium spread and eggs (or if using yoghurt) till well combined. Pour this spread slowly over the brownie batter. Over this mixture, add 1 tsp of the brownie batter that we had kept aside to each of the 4 corners of the pan. Using a toothpick make swirls by mixing the brownie batter into the Kesar Mastani mix. This will give you the swirly design on the brownie.
9. Bake this for 30-40 minutes at 180 deg. Centigrade (depending on the oven you have) or till the toothpick comes out clean.
Note: Using grated beetroot gives the cake a rich natural red colour and moistened texture. Kesar Mastani, deeply ingrained in Indian culinary cuisine, evokes a deliciously sweet, earthy flavour.