Eggless Donuts with Eggless Pastry Cream Filling
FAB PRODUCTS USED
FAB PREMIUM OIL SOLUBLE ORANGE RIND,FAB PREMIUM OIL SOLUBLE PEACH
10 - 12
15 min plus 1 hour for first proofing plus second proofing time
chill pastry cream overnight before filling
Short Recipe Description
All purpose flour - 1 cups
Unsalted melted butter - 3/4 tablespoon
Lukewarm milk - 1/2 cup
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Sugar - 2 tablespoons
Yeast - 1/2 teaspoon
2: Eggless Pastry Cream
Full cream Milk - 1 litre
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Cornstarch - 1/2 cup
FAB Premium Oil Soluble Saunf Flavour - few drops
FAB Premium Oil Soluble Orange Rind Flavour - few drops
FAB Premium Oil Soluble Peach Flavour - few drops
Cream Cheese - 500 grams
- In a large bowl, mix both flours, sugar, yeast and milk powder.
- Microwave butter and milk for 30 seconds and pour it in the flour mixture.
- With the help of spatula mix everything together until it forms a sticky dough.
- Cover it with a damp cloth and let it proof for an hour or until double in volume.
- Once done, punch it down to let the air escape and with the help of 1 tablespoon flour knead it into a smooth dough.
- Now take small balls and give the strawberries shape.
- Place them on a lined tray with parchment paper for second proofing.
- Heat the oil in a flat bottomed pan and once the oil is hot, drop the doughnuts carefully into the oil.
- Few per batch depending on the size of pan.
- The oil should not be fuming hot, just right.
- So regulate to medium or low heat while frying.
- Cook both sides until golden in colour.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Repeat to finish.
- Now fill in the ready pastry cream in the donuts.
- Now decorate & garnish as desired..
2: Eggless Pastry Cream
- Heat milk and add sugar.
- Continuously stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Lower the flame and take 2 tablespoons of milk and mix in cornstarch.
- This is to avoid the lump formation in the cream.
- Now pour this mix back in the simmering milk and stir continuously to avoid lumps.
- Once the mixture thickens up to a cream consistency, switch off the flame.
- Divide this mixture into 3 equal parts, add FAB Premium Oil Soluble Fab Flavours- Saunf/Orange Rind/Peach and mix well until incorporated.
- Now cover the bowl with cling wrap touching the cream surface to avoid skin formation.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Now whip the cream cheese to soft peaks and divide into 3 equal portions and add to each flavour.
- Mix well and your scrumptious donut filling is ready.
Contest: FABulous RECIPES COLLAB
All’bout Bake n Cake
I, a Fine Arts graduate, having worked as an ‘Art & Craft Instructor’ and ‘Senior Imaging Artist’ finally found my true calling in Baking and Cake ART. Colours and flowers hold a very special place in my life. Using pastel shades, contrasting colour combination is what gives wings to my imagination. Bringing those colours & nature into my work is what keeps those creations a class apart. My venture titled All 'bout Bake n Cake.