FAB PRODUCTS USED
FAB PREMIUM OIL SOLUBLE PARMESAN CHEESE,FAB NATURAL ROSEMARY EXTRACT
350°F/175°C for 20-25 min
Baking Temp Details
Short Recipe Description
The "bacon cheese muffin" has its origin in desire to get flavours of cheese and bacon in a savoury. The key to this delicious recipe apart from the fabulous "fab" essences is the bacon drippings incorporated in the batter. A must try for all bacon lovers... Oink oink...
lean bacon, thick sliced - 4-6 slices
butter - 2 tablespoons
all-purpose flour - 2 cups
baking powder - 2 teaspoons
sugar - 2 tablespoons
eggs - 2
milk - 1 cup
FAB 100% Natural Oil Soluble Rosemary Extract - 1 tablespoons
FAB Premium Oil Soluble Parmesan Cheese flavour - 1 tablespoons
bacon drippings (optional) - 1/2 Cup
rosemary coarsely chopped - 1/4 Cup
Salt - 1/2 tsp
parmesan cheese, shredded - 3/4 cup
- Cook bacon until crisp.
- Cool and crumble.
- Set aside.
- Strain and reserve bacon drippings.
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C .
- Prepare muffin tin by spraying with vegetable oil spray.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a small skillet.
- Remove from heat and add rosemary and rosemary essence.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Add bacon drippings.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs and milk using a whisk.
- Add butter/rosemary mixture, and crumbled bacon.
- Mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Stir to mix.
- Add to egg mixture, stirring only until blended thoroughly.
- Mix cheese and cheese essence.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin cups, filling about 2/3 full.
- Top up with bacon bits, rosemary and cheese strings.
- (An ice cream scooper is a great tool for this purpose.) Bake 20- 25 minutes, or until muffin tops just begin to brown.
- Remove from oven and remove muffins from tin.
- Cool them on a wire rack.